Sports & Physical Education
Department of Physical Education
Department of Physical Education Department of physical education in this college was established in the year 1999. The department is full-fledge with all necessary sports equipments and good physical infrastructure facilities like gymnasium hall, Seminar hall and 200 Mtrs. running track, cricket, football, hockey grounds, Kho-Kho, Kabaddi, handball, volleyball, basketball, badminton. Physical conditioning equipment , weight lifting set, high jump pit, etc. also strengthen the department."Sound mind in sound Body"considering this maximum. The college has also given significant importance to the sports and physical education to the students. To make them more competent, energetic and to develop sportsmanship all required facilities are provided. Till date we have achieved many goals in the field of games and sports. The Physical Education department is one of the leading departments of Arts, Science and Commerce, Kolhar, which conducts academic programs at UG & PG level. Over the last 22 years our dedicated Faculty has given their best in uplifting, illuminating and empowering the students and their families through sharing of Health awareness. The holistic development and achievements of students assure us that their efforts were not in vain. Gymnasium hall was constructed during Year 2014. The seating capacity of this hall is 150 and is utilized for various purposes for carrying out co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, such as seminars, meetings, workshops, exhibitions, cultural programmes, film show and various other programmes. It is also used for playing indoor games and Yoga. This hall is equipped with Gymnastics and physical conditioning equipments. This hall is also utilized for playing Indoor games like, Table Tennis, Carom, Chess, Gymnastic etc. Department conduct since 2020-2021 to 2021-2022 a certificate Course in Yoga & Meditation. Department conduct for the year of 2020-21 Pre-Recruitment Police/Army Training Course.
- To give all students opportunities and experiences that lead to the achievement of total wellness and result in a longer and healthier life.
- Be afforded the opportunity to engage in worthwhile and meaningful activities which promote active and healthy lifestyles.
- Participate in fitness assessments that provide valuable reflection of past and current ability levels.
- Learn how to make healthy choices as they relate to the total health of one's own body.
- Cultivate an appreciation for the importance of creative movement as it relates to everyday living.
- Exhibit, and have modeled for him or her, good sportsmanship on off the playing field.
- Have the opportunity to develop an appreciation for the differences found in others.
- Learn to be a spectator, and to see the value our culture places on sport performance.
- To improve Immunity with the help of health education and balance diet.
|Name of Faculty||Designation||Qualification||Photo|
|Mr. Rahul Vasantrao Ubale
|Director of Sports and Physical Education||M.P.Ed., NET|
Our college Gymkhana is equipped with ground and facilities. The department of physical Education in this college has been also started in the 1999-2000 year. The department has enough sport materials for training in regular games. Gives practices for Foot ball, Hockey, Cricket, Kho-Kho, Valleyball, Kabaddi, Base Ball, Badminton, Table tennis etc. College has a good playground with grounds for the following physical infrastructure facilities are available in the college.
- 5 acre Ground
- 2000 sq.ft. Gymkhana Hall
- Running Track
- Kho-Kho Court
- Throwing (Shot Put, Discus, Javelin)
- Kabaddi Court
- Jumping (High Jump, Long Jump)
- Volleyball Court
- Table Tennis
- Handball Court
- Gym Facility
- Basketball Court
- Weight Lifting
- Multi Gymnasium
- Open Gym
|1.||Yoga Day||All available students and Staff were participated in different types of Yoga and Surya Namaskar|
|2.||Independence Day||All students and Staff were participated in National Festival|
|3.||Pravara Krida Mahotsav||Organized by the Sports department and Cultural Committee College.|
|4.||Annual Sports||Organized by the Sports department and Cultural Committee College.|
|5.||Republic Day||All students and Staff were participated in National Festival|
|6.||Mini Marathon||Participation for Mini Marathon which organized by Pravara Rural Education Society, Pravaranagar & Pravara Medical Trust, Loni|
|1.||Certificate Course in Yoga & Meditation||Three Months of Certificate Course with intake capacity 30 students|
|2.||Pre-Recruitment||Three Months of Army and Police Training Program|